Friday, June 26, 2009

Jack's gone, to a better place.

King of pop as he was rightly called was the winner of 13 Grammys, and the son in law of Elvis Presley (one of his marriages was to Lisa Marie Presley). MJ's gone, to a much better place, cos the earth wasn't in his favor since 2001. He was in and out of controversies. I liked him before he experimented with vitiligo and later. I loved "Bad" and "Dangerous" beyond words. Scream by he and sister Janet Jackson was definitely a shout of their feelings.

I liked him in my own way. But, just that it was hard to see talent and controversies apart. To me, they were chapters of the same book. They were never two books. When I had to finally judge the book, I had to judge it on the whole. [Exempli gratia - Eddie Murphy, who had his shares of ugly linen]

When acquaintances who disliked KOP flood messages of RIP, how sad they feel that a talent is lost and how fanatical fans they were, it makes me remind of the books "The Catcher in the Rye - J. D. Salinger" or "The Curious Incident of the Dog in the Night-time, Mark Haddon" wherein faking was abhorred.

When you have decided to like someone whole-heartedly, love them. Cos you never know when they're not gonna be around. There's absolutely no point in loving them later. This goes for celebs as well as your loved ones back home. Tsk Tsk.

No comments:

Post a Comment